Monday, December 11, 2006

. . .this wasn't a game


On December 11, 2006, CBC: The National, had their Report from CFB Edmonton (the Army Base in Edmonton.) My cousin Jessica Guerin, and her fiance, Jason Lamont are stationed there.
At the beginning of the news cast, they showed a video of the people sitting around the base, watching the newscast. Jessie, Jason, and their son Liam were showed quite clearly. (you can see pictures of them in my past blogs.) Both Jessie and Jason were dressed in their Camo uniforms, while Liam was sitting on Jessie, fussing. He had his hair in a mohawk! SO CUTE!

We didn't see them for a bit, until the cut to a commercial. Before the commercials, they previewed their next stories. They showed a snippet of Jason, talking about Afghanistan!

Later on in the Newscast, they interviewed Jason, and 2 other soldiers. These soldiers have won the Medal of Military Valour. The section they were in was called "Home Stories, The Home Front."

It showed video of soldiers in Afghanistan... while they were in a gun battle. It was really scary, because I saw Jason in that Video. He was running, trying to get to the injured, because he is a medic. A quote from him, "A bullet shot past my head, that's when I realised, this wasn't a game." That was a eye popper. Thats when I reliased how close he was to... something I don't want to even think about. That was more of a reality check, then almost anything else I've heard.


1 comment:

myself101 said...

Yeah, I watched that. Liam was definitely cute and it was very eye opening.