Friday, April 20, 2007

April 20.... 420

Well, Ladies and Gents, Today is April 20th.... more commonly known as 420. What does this mean to most people?? LET'S GET HIGH!!! Mostly because Today is Hitler's birthday.
Doesn't mean the same thing to me though... Today is also my Grandmother's birthday... She grew up when Hitler was in Power... She herself has seen Hitler in person, never met him though.

She was telling me the other day, back in Germany, there was no School on April 20th, because it was Hitler's birthday. This was before WWII started.... Her mother, my Oma, sent her down to the market to pick something up. When she was walking down, there was this HUGE parade celebrating Hitler. Being a little girl... of maybe 6-10 (I'm not sure)... she goes up to one of the Soldiers, other wise known as the Nazis. "Today is my birthday!" She told him in German. The soldier chuckled. He then told her "Well, my dear, this parade is for you!" Now, being a little girl, my Grandma believed him, and she was so proud. She still spoke fondly of that memory... one of the few fond memories she has of that time...

2 comments:

Tonya said...

That's cool! I bet that would be a pretty good memory! A parade for your birthday!

Doodle Bop said...

wow i would pee myself if i met a nazi LOL