Monday, November 13, 2006

Remembrance Day


Remembrance Day was extremely busy for me, but not as busy as last year's of course. This years Remembrance Day affected me more then any other I've ever had though. This is mostly because of my cousin's fiance Jason Lamont.

At the school's Remembrance Day Service, a speech was made about Jason. They spoke about him, and then read a poem Jason had wrote for his friend, Andrew "Boomer" Eykelenboom, who was killed while both he and Jason served in Afghanistan. I completely broke down when they read the poem, because I've never heard it before, and I knew how bad Jason was affected by Boomers death. I was a little embarrassed about crying, but everyone was so nice and understanding.

At the actual Remembrance Day Service, I had been asked to lay down the wreath for David Stoddart. I was extremely proud and touched that I had been asked. I got a tiny bit emotional when I laid down the wreath. Another speech was given about Jason, and I got teary eyed again, but I had prepared myself for it, so I didn't cry.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Poor Chrissy! It's understandable that you cried.......Jason is basically your cousin after all. And you did a very good job laying the wreath. Now who took that awesome pic? LOL.