Monday, February 05, 2007

Baton... Workshop...



This weekend... was long...
We had a baton workshop this weekend. And boy.... did we work hard... REALLY HARD... after the workshop was done... I counted how many new brusies I had... my count came to 39 (most of which are on my legs and back)... and thats not counting my wrist which swelled to three times it's size (your fault Jane).

We first worked on our major group routine, Lady Hawke. It's a 8 minute routine. We changed alot of it... and gave me a FOUR baton trick. COME ON... do you know what they called it? My four baton is called "The Kill Chrissy Trick"... and it's SCARY. Also, in this routine, there's a short dancing part... hahaha... we were trying to teach Jane it... and Kassy had to yell out.. "NO! Don't THRUST!" ... we all almost died from laughing.

The next thing I worked on was my little girls' team Super Girl. Totally awesome!!! They have to do the Moonwalk! But... it is a little easy, so I might change some things.

After that, we worked on my Freestylem, She's Got the Look. Now... that's SCARY as well... There's this trick where I toss, spin, do a leap, turn, and catch under my leg in a kick... I caught it though! It looks great, but it's SCARY. I do some other freaky things as well... But I guess it won't be so bad after I have some time to practice it.

My pairs (with Sam), You Can't Stop the Beat, came next. It is soooo fast, we're probally going to pass out half way through it. And... for Sam... really scary! She has some pretty scary tricks, with my supporting her. There's the cartwheel... and theres the roll over my back... Hahaha... I guess it's revenge over the "Kill Chrissy Trick" *evil laugh*


The next day... We worked on they Senior team Stayin' Alive... some of that is scary as well... but not that bad... There's this scary exchanfe in which Kassy (not looking) throws behind her, and I fall to the ground, do a fan roll, then catch. I haven't caught it yet, but at least I'm not a litte chicken **** like Pheadra, and I at least try.

My last thing for the work shop was Life is a Highway. We didn't quite finish it, but we added alot! Some of that is fun... I have to do some pretty wacky tosses into it... And the cartwheels are interesting. It's really fun! I love this routine.

Well... that pretty much sums up our baton workshop... We'll be having another one next month... Which is scary!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Well, you at least survived your baton workshop! I don't know about a lot of the stuff you guys do...it sound pretty scary!

LemonadeK said...

39 bruises?! O_O Ouch, talk about self-mutilation! That's a lot for one weekend!